Brian Griffiths noted last week that David Brinkley voted for Gov. Martin O’Malley’s budget in the Senate. Griffiths later noted, when answering Brinkley’s spin about his vote, that:
It also means that Senator Brinkley voted for publicly financed abortions.
Front Line State lists the six Republican senators who voted for the budget, along with their email addresses:
- David Brinkley, District 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Colburn, District 37, email@example.com
- George Edwards, District 1, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Getty, District 5, email@example.com
- Allan Kittleman, District 9, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher Shank, District 2, email@example.com
Abortion funding is available for Medicaid recipients (but not MCHIP recipients) in Maryland under certain conditions. Brinkley and Colburn both have tough primaries. Kittleman is running for Howard County Executive. The whole legislature is up for re-election this year.
Quinton is a native South Carolinian who has lived in Baltimore since 2006. He is a recent convert to the Catholic Church and is active in the Knights of Columbus. He has been involved in the pro-life movement nationally and locally since 2010.
Quinton is a veteran who served as an intelligence analyst in the Army National Guard. He is also an Eagle Scout.
Latest posts by Jeff Quinton (see all)
- Tom Perez jokes about murdered girl at Clinton event - October 26, 2016
- DNC bus dumps raw sewage down storm drain - October 18, 2016
- Political Intimidation and the Maryland Lottery - October 18, 2016