Movoto ranks DC the 2nd snobbiest big city in America behind only San Francisco. No wonder Nancy Pelosi fits in so well in both places.
Here’s the top 10 (full data):
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
- Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Oakland, Calif.
- Portland, Ore.
- Irvine, Calif. (tie)
- Honolulu (tie)
- Madison, Wis.
The criteria used:
- Median home price (the higher the better)
- Median household income (the higher the better)
- Percent of population with a college degree (the higher the better)
- Private schools per capita (the more the better)
- Performing arts per capita (the more the better)
- Art galleries per capita (the more the better)
- Fast food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)